I recently download the new Google Photos app for iOS, and I noticed that my photos are only uploaded when I have the app opened and in focus.

Groundwork app refresh is on for the app.

Is there some other setting I can tweak to go far upload even when I'm non using it? Otherwise I need to remember to open up it from fourth dimension to time to have my pictures safely backed upward.

Is this a limitation in iOS that cannot exist worked around? Is it something that should be programmed in the app itself and information technology'southward not?

asked May 31, 2015 at 0:51

juan's user avatar

2

  • I had the same issue, only the 1.0.1 release, which came out yesterday, seemed to fix information technology for me

    May 31, 2015 at two:51

  • I have the 1.0.one but doesn't seem to upload it when running in groundwork... I tried Google+, it works. Yet I wish Google Photo work equally I do not use Google+

    user130685

    Jun v, 2015 at 10:nineteen

3 Answers 3

Merely brand sure the app refresh feature is enabled for Google Photos, enable auto-sync and when you're on wifi AND your phone is plugged in to a power source...it will continue to backup. Primary upshot people have is non having your iPhone plugged in. :)

answered Jun 5, 2015 at xvi:38

Cenner's user avatar

vi

  • Where does information technology say it needs to be plugged in?

    Nov 13, 2015 at xiv:44

  • I installed Google Photos ane.5.0.31340, and it inconsistently experiences the same problematic symptoms described in the above question. I've tried all the suggestions @Cenner mentions in the above answer, and the only thing that consistently works is to run Google Photos in the foreground, without locking my iPhone. I'chiliad running iOS eight.4 (12H143).

    Nov 29, 2015 at 17:fifty

  • In case information technology makes a difference: I'grand employing the "Original / full resolution" photos upload pick.

    Nov 29, 2015 at 18:18

  • I've besides tried @Mark's suggestion (in another answer), and closing and re-opening Google Photos. The only matter I can call back of I haven't yet tried is rebooting my iPhone.

    Nov 29, 2015 at 20:22

  • My iphone has sync enabled, is on wifi and plugged in every night, but has failed to sync for several days now. You take to have the app open, or enable 'Background App Refresh' as per the other answer.

    May xx, 2018 at 10:44

So I was experiencing the same issue and turning off background app refresh in for Google Photos under the settings app and then turning it dorsum on seemed to do the trick for me. Besides when telephone is in power saving mode background upload likewise disabled.enter image description here

Community's user avatar

answered Jun 18, 2015 at 4:16

Mark's user avatar

Google Photos does not automobile upload when photographic camera capture a photo; then you need open Google Photos to browse the album, so setup permit background refresh for Google Photos.

answered Nov 9, 2017 at six:37

tquang's user avatar

Yous must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you lot're looking for? Browse other questions tagged

.